Sunday 9 February 2014

Day 1/2 - Welcome to Grenoble!

On Friday night I took a plane from Toronto Pearson Airport, Canada, to Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris, France. I've never left North America, so when I landed all I could think was "I'm in Paris?!?!"

I'm on a three month exchange in France, staying with a great girl named Clara who lived with me already for 3 months in Canada. Her family is great, they are impressed with my french, its not my first language but I first started learning about 10 years ago. When I got off the plane it was around 7:30am in France. I waited for hours in the airport before taking the TGV to Lyon and then a different train to Grenoble. It was a long day, but I'm so glad to be with Clara and her family, they're really nice.
This is a picture of the flight tracker on the screen in the airplane. I flew with Air France.

EXTRAS
-I had my first French baguette, in Toronto we buy them at the grocery store and I'll probably never want those again.

-I'm meeting some of Clara's friends today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment